Choosing a moving company is no small thing and should be done with care. Here are three steps to help you make the best choice.
- Get three written estimates. Have the moving companies come to your property to look at the job so that you can get an exact written estimate on what it would cost to make your move.
- Check licensing and insurance. Make sure the moving company you choose is licensed and insured. Ask what happens if they break something so that you know exactly what to expect in the event of a mishap.
- Read reviews. Look the company up on Google and Yelp to see what past customers have said about working with them. You’ll also want to check with the Better Business Bureau to review their current standing.
The United States Postal Service provides numerous resources to help you with your move, including a quick and easy way to change your address with the Postal Service. Check out moversguide.usps.com to change your address and learn more.
Here are a few helpful links for local utility companies in our area.
- City of Battlefield: 417-881-1762
- City of Nixa: 417-725-3229
- City of Ozark: 417-581-2744
- City of Republic: 417-732-3136
- City of Rogersville: 417-753-2884
- City Utilities: 417-831-8300
- Liberty Utilities: 800-206-2300
- Ozark Electric: 417-725-6160
- Semano Electric: 417-924-3243
- Southwest Electric: 417-833-5525
- Spire Gas: 800-582-1234
- Webster Electric: 417-859-2216
- White River Electric: 417-335-9335
- Amerigas: 417-889-2239
- Ferrell Gas: 417-725-2866
- Hood’s Propane: 417-732-0600
- MFA Propane: 417-753-9055
- MS Propane: 417-753-4529
- Thompson Gas: 417-889-5228
- Titan Propane: 417-889-2239
- Queen City Disposal: 417-865-3500
- Republic Services: 417-865-1717
- Waste Management: 417-831-3120